How To Apply Tape In Hair
Applying EliteHair tape-in extensions is a breeze. You can do it with a friend or stylist, but we've created our tape-in hair extensions to be so simple to apply, you can do it yourself. Here's how.
1. Starting at the neckline, make a straight, horizontal part in your hair to divide your hair into two sections. Pull the top of your hair up into a clip or bun.
2. Warm the double-sided tape (recommended temperature is 150 to 180 degrees F or 70 to 80 degrees C) with a straightener before using.Now, position the first tape extension on the underside of a section of your hair without getting too close to the roots, as this may create tension in the scalp. It should be comfortable enough to move the hair around.
3. Press your hair into the adhesive with the back of a comb or other tool.
4. Now, place the next extension strip in the same area, pressing it down tightly towards the core extension. That will bond the two strips together with some of your own hair in between.
5. Keeping a distance of around half an inch, repeat these steps to position the tape extensions in rows in an upward direction.
6. Make sure not to extend the strips too high on your scalp. Also be careful not to get too close to the sides of your face so no one will see the tape.
How To Apply Clip In Hair
EliteHair clip-in extensions are some of the easiest hair extension to apply. You can do it yourself in mere minutes to instantly change up your look. Here's how:
1. Start by styling the clip-in extensions with your own original hair. You may have to wave, curl, or straighten your original hair to blend it with the clip-in extension. Once the matching is done, proceed with the following steps.
2. Separate your own hair into two sections. Use a comb for thick hair or fingers for thin hair to separate the strands into two parts, running from one temple to the other. Hold the upper layer part on top of your head with a hair clip or hair tie. If the hair is very fine, use the comb to divide the lower part into 1-inch tresses.
3. Choose from a single piece or a multiple-piece clip-in extension. Either way, push the clips into position along the horizontal line of the parting. Take note of the alignment, especially in the multiple clip-in extension. There must be no folds in the top weft of the extra hair. Make sure all clips are securely in place.
4. Continue up your head in the same manner, parting your own hair in 1-inch sections and adding in the extensions. Be careful not to extend the extensions beyond your own hair or they may be visible.
5. Release the top part of your hair, and you're done! Enjoy the luscious volume of your hair.